Rhinoplasty in Melbourne, VIC
Enhance your face’s overall aesthetics with professional nose reshaping surgery
The size and shape of the nose has an extremely significant effect on overall facial aesthetics. For individuals who desire changes to their noses with plastic surgery, Mr. Maxwell performs nose enhancement surgery (rhinoplasty) at his specialist practice in Melbourne, Victoria.
A popular facial surgical procedure, rhinoplasty improves the appearance and self-confidence of patients without requiring a lengthy downtime or recovery period.
Nose surgery candidates
Individuals seeking rhinoplasty most often want:
- Correction of a ‘bump’ or ‘hump’, which is most obvious when the nose is viewed from the side
- Straightening of a crooked (deviated) nose which often has associated breathing difficulties due to airway obstruction
- Refinement of a prominent tip or alteration of nostril size or shape
- General reduction of a nose which is too big or too long.
Whatever the patient’s concern, Mr. Maxwell can operate to produce a result which is consistent with your cosmetic goals. Nasal airway obstruction can be corrected at the time of the rhinoplasty surgery.
Surgery for Chin Reduction (Genioplasty) and Chin Augmentation (using an implant) using an implant can also be performed at the same time as a Rhinoplasty to help maintain balance of the facial profile.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your nose, we invite you to schedule a consultation at the Melbourne or Williamstown Clinic with Mr. Maxwell to discuss your individual issues and what can be expected from the Rhinoplasty nose reshaping procedure.
Download Our Guide to Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty surgical techniques
Depending on the patient’s needs and goals, Mr. Maxwell will perform either an open or closed rhinoplasty.
In the closed procedure, incisions are made inside the nostrils so that there is no external scar. In open rhinoplasty, an incision is made across the base of the ‘columella’ – the skin bridge that separates the nostrils – joining up to the two hidden nostril incisions This approach allows Mr. Maxwell to shape the nostril cartilages very precisely under direct vision. The open approach does leave a tiny external scar, but this heals very well and is extremely hard to see.
At the conclusion of the plastic nose surgery procedure, tape and a splint are applied to the nose for 7 – 10 days to maintain the new shape and to reduce swelling.
Patients usually go home on the day of surgery.
Reasons for staying overnight include pain relief, or following packing of the nose either to control post-operative bleeding or to maintain the position of the nasal septum following a septoplasty.
If packing of the nose is required, the packs are removed either on the morning following surgery prior to discharge from hospital, or in the rooms about three days later. Patients are reviewed at 7-10 days after the operation and the splint is removed.
Frequently the nose will be re-taped for a further week.
Controlled surgical breaking of the nasal bones to narrow a broad-based nose (osteotomy) produces a potential connection between the inside of the nose and the skin of the lower eyelids and cheeks which means air can track from the nasal cavity to under the skin if the pressure in the nose is raised. Therefore patients are advised not to blow their nose for three weeks following the procedure. Air travel is not permitted for a similar period.
If you wish to learn more about rhinoplasty, contact our office in Melbourne, Victoria. During a rhinoplasty consultation, Mr. Maxwell will determine the type of procedure that will provide you with the best results.
You can also view more Before & After images of nose reshaping surgery patients at our Melbourne or Williamstown Clinic Locations, by appointment with Dr Maxwell or with one of his Patient Care Advisors.
Rhinoplasty Nose Reshaping Surgery Consultations available in Melbourne or Williamstown
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $250 Consultation Fee
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at the photo Galleries and patient reviews
Nose Surgery: What to Bring to your Rhinoplasty Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Rhinoplasty Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice EVENT (FREE) – ask a Patient Care Advisor which EVENT will cover Nose Reshaping Procedures
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Rhinoplasty Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.