The face is often one of the first areas of the body to show signs of ageing. Sun exposure, smoking, and heredity can all contribute to premature wrinkles and saggy, drooping skin. To eliminate wrinkles and restore more youthful skin and well-defined facial and neck contours, Mr. Richard Maxwell performs facelift, necklift, and browlift procedures. These procedures are safe and highly effective, allowing you to turn back the hands of time and emerge with a refreshed, younger appearance. Patients often ask what is the ‘right time’ to have a facelift. The answer is that whilst the majority of candidates are aged between 40 and 65, there is really no limit to the age at which the procedure may be performed.
The facelift procedure addresses skin excess in the cheek, jowl and upper neck regions. There are several different types of facelift in addition to the traditional full facelift. Mr. Maxwell customises the procedure according to each patient’s individual needs. A facelift is usually performed alongside a necklift and is often combined with eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), and/or a browlift. Correction of naso-labial creases and other age lines and wrinkles with fillers may also be performed. Buccal fat pad excision is a very satisfactory procedure for individuals who are self-conscious about having round faces.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
The traditional facelift procedure involves an incision hidden in the hair of the temple and on the back of the neck. The only visible part of the incision is in front of the ear which heals extremely well and is very hard to see. After the skin has been elevated from the underlying facial tissues, the fibrous SMAS layer between the skin and facial muscles is tightened to help produce a lasting result. Excess fat is removed from under the chin and the malar fat pad is elevated back to its normal position. The skin is then ‘re-draped’ and the excess excised. A drain tube is inserted on each side and the wounds closed. The drains are removed after 2 days and the patient is discharged home. A facial support garment is worn day and night for 2 weeks.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your facial skin, a facelift produces results that are smooth, firm, and youthful-looking.
Contact our plastic surgery practice in Melbourne, Victoria to schedule a consultation.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENTS (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.