Lower Eyelid Surgery Melbourne
Ageing can cause wrinkled excess skin and bags to develop under the eyes, making individuals appear older or more tired than they actually are. The bags consist of thickened (‘hypertrophic’) muscle, bulging fat and excess skin in various combinations. Lower eyelid surgery (lower blepharoplasty) can reduce and/or eliminate the effects of lower eyelid ageing.
Lower eyelid surgery commences with an incision beneath the lower eyelashes. This incision is carefully placed so that the resulting scar will be barely noticeable to others. Then excess muscle tissue is removed. The bulging (‘prolapsed’) fat may be removed or put back behind the eyelid where it came from, or utilised as fat grafts to fill the ‘tear trough’ depression between the eyelid and the nose. If fat excess is the only issue, then this can be approached from inside the eyelid thus leaving no visible scar (‘trans-conjunctival blepharoplasty’) but this procedure may leave excess skin behind. Swelling and bruising around the eyes resolves over ten days.
Mr Maxwell also performs Upper Eyelid Surgery.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at the photo Galleries and patient reviews
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice EVENT(FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.