Breast Augmentation Surgery vs. Breast Enhancement Gimmicks
Although there are several methods of natural breast enhancement advertised on the Internet, TV, radio, and in magazines, these products are costly and are not clinically proven to work. Unfortunately, many women have bought into these claims and have purchased breast enhancement creams to increase the size of their breasts. However, breast augmentation surgery with implants is currently the only method of permanently enlarging the breasts to a specific size. Those that are serious about increasing the size of their chests may want to consider speaking to Victoria plastic surgeon Richard Maxwell about the benefits of breast augmentation cosmetic surgery.
Breast Augmentation Surgery
Women have been undergoing breast augmentation surgery for decades. In that time, implant products and surgical techniques have improved significantly, resulting in more natural looking and feeling results. Our Victoria breast augmentation patients are encouraged to work with their surgeons to select an implant that will produce the volume and shape that the patient desires. The implant options women can choose from include:
- Filler type (saline or silicone)
- Projection (low, moderate, or high)
- Shape (round or teardrop)
- Surface (smooth or textured)
Breast Enhancement Gimmicks
Breast augmentation gimmicks such as enhancement creams, herbs, pumps, cookies, and other products are not considered to be effective methods of permanent breast enlargement.
- Pills and herbs: The Therapeutic Goods Administration has yet to approve the majority of pills marketed as breast enhancing drugs, so they are often sold as herbal supplements. However, it is important to note that although these pills are often labeled “all-natural,” that does not mean there is no risk involved in taking them. Breast enhancement herbs are sold in many forms, including pills, herbal supplements, cookies, creams, and serums. They typically contain pueraria mirifica, Saw Palmetto, wild yam, blessed thistle, dong quai, fennel, and fenugreek. The problem is that these herbal ingredients have not undergone long-term studies to determine if repeated consumption or topical application is safe and effective.
- Pumps: Breast enhancing pumps involve the placement of two plastic cups on the breasts. The breast cups are attached to pumps that apply pressure and use a suctioning technique to enlarge the breasts for a short period of time. Women are instructed to use the pumps two times per day. However, if any breast enlarging effects are achieved, they are temporary. Further, prolonged use of the product will not increase the size of the breasts over time. In fact, instead the breast pump could cause the breast skin to stretch, resulting in stretch marks and premature sagging of the breasts.
- Exercises: Women that want larger breasts may try breast enhancement exercises to increase their bust size. While chest exercises can help keep the body toned and healthy, they will not lead to an increase in the amount of fatty tissue that is found in the breasts. If anything, aggressive use of chest exercises could decrease the amount of fat in the breasts.
If you are serious about increasing the size of your bust, contact our practice to schedule a consultation and obtain more information about breast augmentation surgery.